Countdown to Reservations End Date
This one day course supports head teachers, DSLs, Deputy DSLs and safeguarding governors to fully understand their safeguarding responsibilities within school.
Delegates will focus on developing a leadership infrastructure that embeds safeguarding into the heart of the school, and supports the dissemination of responsibilities to the whole staff. Learn about the updates to the Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 18), with particular focus on updates to the management of safeguarding, safer recruitment, allegations against staff, and an understanding of the new Sexual Voilence and Sexual Harrassment guidance.
Aims of this course:
• Ensure that delegates are up-to-date with the latest safeguarding statutory guidance from the DfE (September 18)
• Develop a deeper understanding of the signs and indicators of abuse
• Ensure that internal school response procedures are robust
• Evaluate how safeguarding, internal safety and Prevent are embedded into the school curriculum
• Assess the school site security and understand the requirements of the Health & Safety Executive.
Objectives of this course
• Understand the latest statutory requirements for safeguarding pupils and staff (Keeping children safe in education - September 2018)
• Develop a deeper understanding of the signs and indicators of abuse including child sexual exploitation
• Learn how to develop processes for early indentification of readicalisation and extremism
• Assess current practices for managing concerns and disclosures• Understand the expectations of the role of the Safeguarding Governor
• Learn about safer recruitment updates
• Develop a clear understanding of response to allegations against staff members
• Develop a clear understanding of school wide response to peer-to-peer abuse
• Learn how to evaluate the current school site security according to the Health & Safety Executive guidelines.