Countdown to Reservations End Date
The designated safeguarding lead (and any deputies) should undergo training to provide them with the knowledge and skills required to carry out the role. Having an appropriately trained Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is vital to effectively lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection.
Browne Jacobson LLP and Optimus Education's one day DSL training course will provide the knowledge and skills needed for a new DSL to carry out the role in school.
Delegates may expect interactive keynotes and workshops on:
• the role and the legal responsibilities of the DSL
• leading effective staff training and keeping everyone up to date
• working with the lead governor
• manage referrals including case studies on sexting, abuse or neglect outside school, self-harm and mental health.
• drafting, implementing and embedding policy.
This intensive and interactive training day is limited to 50 people to ensure attendees have a focused experience and the opportunity to have all questions answered. The mix of interactive keynote presentations and workshops, with real life case studies to discuss in small groups, provide the right environment to put what is learned into practice.
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.