We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our platform.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our platform. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our platform and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our platform.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will automatically expire after 12-month period of non-use.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services associated with your subscription level;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our platform to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our platform safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of promotions or advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant promotions or advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our platform about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).