At EdCentral [https://www.edcentral.uk] ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is On Tap News Services Limited of 36 College Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL53 7HX.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our platform [https://www.edcentral.uk] (our platform) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our platform, subscribe to our service, comment on articles, participate in discussion forums or other social media functions on our platform, and when you report a problem with our platform. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, photography, film, audio or video.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our platform we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our platform (including date and time); articles you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other platforms we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this platform. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our platform.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our platform. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our platform and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our platform.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will automatically expire after 12-month period of non-use.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services associated with your subscription level;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our platform to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our platform safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of promotions or advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant promotions or advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our platform about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Sponsors, advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our platform.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If [EdCentral] or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the platforms of our partner networks, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these platforms, please note that these platforms have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these platforms.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.