Countdown to Reservations End Date
This one day online conference will look at the future for EdTech in the wake of the pandemic and taking forward key developments in its use, as well as what is needed to support teachers in EdTech provision, and identifying how the UK can take advantage of opportunities for exports and international partnerships.
Discussions will also centre around options for policy and a refreshed strategy for EdTech in England.
It will be a timely opportunity to consider the contribution of demonstrator schools and colleges to supporting the wider education sector in the provision of EdTech during the pandemic, and the outlook for taking forward their role.
In addition, delegates will consider how to keep technology up to date and accessible for pupils, and priorities for growing UK EdTech exports, and reaching new markets.
Keynote contributions will be heard from:
• Bridie Tooher, Deputy Director, Digital Strategy for Education, Department for Education
• Caroline Wright, Director General, British Educational Suppliers Association.
Overall, the agenda will bring out latest thinking on:
• policy - and options for a future strategy for EdTech in the UK
• the experience of the pandemic - and taking forward what has been learned and best practice
• EdTech and teaching - developing digital strategies in schools that align with curricula
• EdTech as a resource for teachers - its role in supporting teachers, and priorities for training
• upgrading technology - infrastructure priorities, connectivity, pupil access and digital inequalities, and futureproofing
• global opportunities - growing the international market for EdTech products and expertise.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online and will include:
• full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks with a full recording and transcript to refer back to
• information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
• conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
• speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform
• opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
• a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials are made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
• delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
• networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact.
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference.