Countdown to Reservations End Date
In the context of rising pupil populations, dealing with school admissions and appeals has become increasingly demanding.
The Covid-19 pandemic added additional pressures to a heavy workload and altered the way appeals may be conducted.
With these changes now in place until at least September 2022, it is essential that all schools and local authorities are aware of their responsibilities and that their admissions and appeals procedures are fully compliant.
Furthermore, with ASCL’s September 2021 Blueprint for a Fairer Education System calling for deprived children to be granted admissions priority, there is increasing scrutiny on school and local authority policies and procedures.
This one day online course prepares delegates to ensure compliance with the ‘School Admissions Appeals Code’ through a range of sessions providing up to date guidance on admissions and appeals processes, legal requirements and how to manage appeals and complaints.
Through interactive sessions and practical workshops, attendees will work towards developing strategies for admissions and effectively handling appeals and complaints.
Learning outcomes include:
• Understand the current landscape of school admissions, including procedure changes relating to COVID-19
• Develop admissions procedures that are clear and fair
• Establish legal requirements and responsibilities and ensure that admissions and appeals processes are compliant with the most up to date guidance
• Learn how to effectively and independently manage appeals and complaints
• Determine how to prepare for admissions and appeals.
Key speakers include:
• Sharon Oliver, School Admission and Appeals Compliance Consultant
• Celia Whittuck, Associate, IBB Law LLP.
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!