Countdown to Reservations End Date
This event will mark the end of two Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) awards investigating and challenging gendered and sexual risks and harms online, and sexual and gender-based violence in secondary schools in England after the COVID-19 global pandemic. The event will include international experts in the field of gender and sexual equity and diversity in educational settings from the UK, Ireland and Canada.
Event host and presenter is Jessica Ringrose, Head of the Sociology section in the Department of Education, Practice and Society, and co-director of the Centre for Sociology of Education and Equity.
• Betsy Milne (UCL, UK)
• Kaitlynn Mendes (Western University, Canada)
• Tanya Horeck (Anglia Ruskin University, UK)
• Karen Desborough (Leicester University, UK)
• Amelia Jenkinson (School of Sexuality Education, UK)
• Carolyn Jackson (Lancaster University, UK)
• Vanita Sundaram (University of York, UK)
• Michael Kehler (University of Calgary, Canada)
• Chris Borduas (University of Manitoba, Canada)
• Craig Haslop and Fiona O’Rourke (University of Liverpool, UK)
• Emily Setty (University of Surrey, UK)
• Jonny Hunt (University of Bedfordshire, UK)
• Debbie Ging (Dublin City University, Ireland)
• Dillon Landi (University of Strathclyde, UK)
• EJ Renold (Cardiff University, UK).
This event will be particularly useful for those interested in gendered and sexual risks and harms online, sexual and gender-based violence, lad culture in higher education, the tensions and contradictions of mobilising men as allies, sexual behaviour and relationships in schools, health and wellbeing education for and by youth, relationships and sexuality education.