Countdown to Reservations End Date
This online course aims to support schools to embed effective practices for assessing the English language proficiency of pupils using EAL.
Suitable for those who have responsibility for leading on EAL assessment and are looking for effective ways of embedding EAL assessment across the school, this practical course looks at:
• Policies and Systems: how EAL assessment can be successfully integrated into existing school policies and systems
• Key Roles and Responsibilities: who is best placed to carry out different aspects of the EAL assessment process
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD): what CPD is needed for relevant school staff in order to ensure EAL assessment is fully embedded.
This is a three-module online course which is designed to work around the busy lives of those working in primary and secondary schools. With three hours of online study over a four-week period, this course will enable delegates to work at a manageable pace with plenty of time to process course content and apply relevant insights to personal context.
The course is designed to be highly interactive and collaborative, with opportunities to work with other course participants, course tutors and course material.
Module One: Pre-webinar online tasks to be completed at own pace over a seven-day period (time commitment approximately 60 minutes)
Module Two: Live interactive webinar (time commitment of 60 minutes) with the course tutors on either:
• Primary: Tuesday 21June 16:00-17:00
• Secondary: Wednesday 22 June 16:00-17:00
Module Three: Post webinar online tasks to be completed at own pace over a two-week period (time commitment approximately 60 minutes)
A certificate will be awarded for successful completion of the course.
Course dates: 14 June - 8 July.