Countdown to Reservations End Date
This online training has been designed specifically for headteachers and leaders across Single- and Multi- Academy Trusts, based on research with the education sector. With SAT and MAT governance being challenging, and the pandemic having caused a number of additional demands – as well as new opportunities, this timely event will help ensure effective practices.
Ensuring clarity of understanding between executive and strategic functions is inherently key to effective governance and successful school management. This has never been more crucial as the sector continues to work to recover and build-back from the wide-ranging effects of COVID-19. This training will support Trust leaders to better understand the key features of effective governance and how to build effective working relationships with Trustees and Local Governors in order to ensure clarity across all operational and strategic roles. This will, in turn, help to ensure effective accountability for the activity of the Trust.
Every trust must ensure robust governance and leadership structures are in place to deliver the best outcomes for every pupil, echoed by the commitments and plans made by government in the Schools White Paper, Opportunity for All. With a greater focus now on schools working effectively within a trust structure, join with fellow Trust leaders on this course and work to enhance practices in the academy trust.
Learning objectives include:
• Understand the key features of effective governance in an academy trust
• Examine the differences between executive and strategic functions, and how these roles should be demonstrated by leadership teams, Trustees and Local Governors
• Discuss effective methods for building effective working relationships with Local Governors and Trustees
• Develop robust accountability metrics across executive and governance functions
• Analyse how to embed positive changes in working practices with Trustees and Local Governors moving forward, including better utilising technology to enhance governance
• Improve Trust leaders’ understanding of the challenges faced by Trustees and Local Governors in order to better understand the role of those involved in Trust governance.
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!