Countdown to Reservations End Date
With reports from schools detailing inadequate training on how to deliver the new Department for Education requirements around Relationships Education and Health Education in primary schools, alongside an increased focus on these elements of teaching and learning by school inspectorates Ofsted and ISI, including as a result of the Everyone’s Invited initiative, it is more important than ever to join together with peers to learn how to ensure high quality delivery in the school, to ensure positive outcomes for every pupil.
This Relationships and Health Education Curriculum training day will provide attendees with practical guidance and step-by-step support on delivering the statutory guidance in school. Participants will work with an expert trainer to understand statutory requirements, how to demonstrate these in curriculum delivery, and adapt information to ensure age-appropriate approaches. Delegates will also be able to explore the nuanced language required for delivering a modern Relationships and Health Education curriculum to children, as well as learn how to evaluate the quality of provision.
Learning objectives include:
• Understand the Department for Education (DfE) Guidance on the Primary Relationships Education and Health Education Curriculum
• Evaluate compliance with the new curriculum, and how to strengthen provision
• Assess Relationships Education policy, and how to ensure this is accessible to staff, pupils and parents, and is effectively audited
• Explore how to ensure teaching of Relationships and Health Education is inclusive, and how to incorporate Sex Education in an age-appropriate manner
• Enhance subject knowledge and vocabulary to improve confidence in the classroom
• Discuss how an effective primary Relationships Education curriculum can help tackle a culture of sexual harassment in all schools.
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!