Countdown to Reservations End Date
This one day conference will focus on how further education and skills providers can improve support and outcomes for students with special educational needs and disabilities. As the March 2022 SEND Review has introduced a wealth of new policy seeking to streamline the SEND system from early years to post-16, this will be an opportunity to consider how the policy updates impact colleges and skills providers and will facilitate transitions into FE and on to employment, and ensure better multi-agency working between those in the SEND system.
Through a series of keynote addresses, panel discussions, case studies, and workshops attendees will delve into SEND policy in the FE and skills sector, and examine best practice on support provision, inclusive teaching and learning practice, and the future of SEND funding for the FE sector, to enhance students’ experience and improve outcomes for students with SEND.
What to expect:
• Breakdown of the SEND Review and its implications for FE and skills providers
• Understanding the challenges for students with SEND in FE due to Covid-19 skills gaps and mental health challenges
• Evaluating how to create a whole college inclusive culture involving SEND support staff, teaching and learning staff, and leadership
• Deep dive into multi-agency working and ensuring the new digitised EHCPs are designed with further education in mind
• Exploring what holistic preparation for adulthood is and how FE and skills providers can best ensure smooth transitions into college and on to employment.
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!