Countdown to Reservations Start Date
Defusing confrontational situations
For those working in leadership roles within education settings, the chances of having to deal with difficult - and sometimes even confrontational - conversations are on the rise. Constant change creates uncertainty, increases stress levels, puts people on edge, and makes for a volatile environment that isn’t conducive to harmony and collaboration.
Add to this backdrop the communication challenges and potential misunderstandings that can arise due to cultural and language differences and it’s not surprising that education leaders are increasingly having to placate both internal and external communities in order to maintain the status quo.
This free webinar, hosted by BTS Spark, the not-for-profit education leadership and coaching arm of global leadership consultancy BTS, brings together experienced coaching professionals and experts in culture and diversity to share insights and strategies with education leaders.
Attendees will learn:
- How to identify and avoid common triggers that could lead to misunderstanding and conflict.
- Strategies to defuse confrontational situations.
- Ways to adjust their mindsets to best adapt to today’s environment of constant, unpredictable change.
- Techniques to adopt to achieve stronger collaboration and greater harmony in their dealings with colleagues, parents and students.
- Steps to help embed inclusivity and equity across their education settings.
For further information, speaker biographies and/or to register to attend, follow this link: bit.ly/BTSSparkSept
Webinar title: Education Leadership in Times of Confrontation
Date: Tuesday 20 September 2022.
PT (US/CAN): 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
ET (US/CAN): 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
GMT (UK): 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
CEST (CEU): 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
EEST (EEU): 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Andy Hargreaves, author, speaker and Professor Emeritus at Boston College.
Lacee Jacobs, Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at BTS.
Errol St. Clair Smith, Executive Producer of the BAM Education Radio Network.
A recording will be available after the event for registered attendees who are unable to attend on the day.