Countdown to Reservations End Date
This online conference will discuss the cyber threat landscape faced by educational institutions, from schools to higher education.
Delegates will consider next steps for preventive measures, strengthening cyber security practices and recovery action plans across education settings, and how to train staff to understand and recognise cyber threats.
It will also be an opportunity to discuss progress with the National Cyber Strategy 2022 and its implications for strengthening security practices from schools to universities.
We are pleased to be able to include a keynote session with Paul A, Head of Education, Academia and Charities - Economies and Society Team, National Cyber Security Centre.
Overall, areas for discussion include:
• policy priorities - assessing the current cyber threat landscape in education settings - supporting schools with risk mitigation
• security practices - strategies for security and minimising risks - staff awareness and training - developing recovery and response plans
• blended learning - safeguarding students online and preventing against hacking - best practice in tracking student data
• data management - promoting effective data management - aligning with data protection regulations and practices - protecting students’ personal information
• cyber security in FE and HE - protecting HE research facilities and how to protect confidential data - effective asset management.
The conference will be an opportunity for stakeholders to consider the issues alongside key policy officials who are due to attend from the DCMS; DfE; DIT; and HMRC.