Countdown to Reservations End Date
In the context of rising pupil populations, dealing with school admissions and appeals has become increasingly demanding. The COVID-19 pandemic added additional pressures to a heavy workload and altered the way appeals may be conducted. With these changes now in place until at least September 2022, it is essential that all schools and local authorities are aware of their responsibilities and that their admissions and appeals procedures are fully compliant. Furthermore, with ASCL’s September 2021 Blueprint for a Fairer Education System calling for deprived children to be granted admissions priority, there is increasing scrutiny on school and local authority policies and procedures.
This online course will prepare you and your organisation to ensure compliance with the ‘School Admissions Appeals Code’, recently updated in June 2022 following Consultation and taking effect from October 2022, through a range of sessions providing up to date guidance on admissions and appeals processes, legal requirements and how to manage appeals and complaints.
Through interactive sessions and practical workshops, work towards developing strategies for admissions and effectively handling appeals and complaints.
In addition, with the Schools White Paper, Opportunity for All, outlining plans for a register for children not in school to make sure no child is lost from the system, now is a crucial time to join with colleagues to both discuss effective processes and ensure you are fully compliant with statutory obligations.
Learning outcomes include:
• Understand the current landscape of school admissions, including procedure changes relating to COVID-19, and guidance on ensuring access and opportunities for refugees
• Develop admissions procedures that are clear and fair, including as part of primary to secondary transitions
• Establish legal requirements and responsibilities and ensure that your admissions and appeals processes are compliant with the most up to date guidance
• Learn how to effectively and independently manage appeals and complaints
• Determine how to prepare for admissions and appeals.
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!