Countdown to Reservations End Date
This webinar will consider the challenges of delivering effective pastoral care. It will explore what learners need from pastoral care and support in schools and colleges in the 21st century, provide ideas and guidance to enable schools to provide all learners with a relevant learning experience that prepares them for their future roles in society and the workplace. The webinar will also outline the important contribution pastoral care makes to the socialisation process, highlighted by children and young people’s experiences during the pandemic.
The webinar will explore:
• the motivation, inspiration and support learners need to achieve their full potential form their education
• the challenges that pastoral care faces to ensure that pupils’ learning experience is relevant for the 21st century
• the skills and personal qualities pupils need to develop from their learning experience to achieve success in the modern world
• how the pastoral work of the school and actions of staff in pastoral roles can meet the needs of pupils in a rapidly changing technological world.
Learning outcomes include:
• understand why effective pastoral care is important for providing pupils with a positive learning experience
• be confident about developing effective pastoral care in schools that supports academic achievement and personal development
• develop ideas and strategies to enable effective pastoral care to support the socialisation process and prepare pupils for their future roles in society.
There will also be the opportunity to ask questions and share ideas with other attendees.