Countdown to Reservations End Date
New figures from a freedom of information request, reveal that a record 209,500 students sought mental health support from their university in 2020/21. These figures represent a threefold increase on figures from a decade earlier and a 4% rise on the previous year. The improved engagement with mental health services marks progress in students feeling able to discuss their mental wellbeing. Yet, it is also clear that universities face unprecedented demand in responding to mental health risks. 2022 ONS statistics highlighted 319 student suicides between 2017 to 2022. There is still much progress to be made in identifying and supporting those students most at risk of mental health crisis.
This online training course will provide up to date and evidence-based support in how your institution can deliver effective student mental provision that reflects the unprecedented demand for support.
In this highly interactive online course, you will engage in practical workshops to develop a tailored action plan to establish your team’s long-term response to the mental health challenges following Covid-19.
With this course, you can expect lots of discussion, interaction and expert-led support in embedding excellence within your mental health provision.
Sessions will include:
• The State of the Sector: Examining Student Mental Health in 2023
• Successful Multi-Agency Partnerships on Student Mental Health
• Workshop: Designing Effective Mental Health Engagement Solutions for Male Students
• Suicidal Thinking and Self-Harm Behaviours – Why it Happens and How you Should Respond: Post-Covid Action Point
• Workshop: Your Institution’s Action Plan: Transforming Mental Health Service Delivery.
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!