Countdown to Reservations End Date
This two-hour online course for staff working in victim support services explores language barriers faced by victims of crime who are new to English.
It provides guidance on how case workers, administrators, volunteers and other staff can adapt their speech, and gives advice on other aids that can be used in order to communicate more effectively with victims of crime who are new to English.
On this course, participants will:
• Gain a deeper understanding of the language barriers faced by someone who is new to English
• Learn about what features of spoken English are difficult to understand
• Learn how to make speech more comprehensible when giving instructions
• Learn how to check understanding of instructions
• Develop other practical strategies to communicate effectively with people who are new to English.