Countdown to Reservations End Date
This online conference focuses on changes to apprenticeship funding in England.
It will be an opportunity to examine key issues following:
• the Department for Education’s Apprenticeship Funding Rules 2023–24, which includes measures on active learning and breaks in learning, the aim of four progress reviews per year, agreement on a training plan, and an increase in the apprenticeships care leavers’ bursary
• the Education and Skills Funding Agency’s latest policy paper on funding, the apprenticeship levy, and quality and standards.
Key stakeholders and policymakers will discuss priorities for apprenticeship funding, the future of the apprenticeship levy, and reforms to apprenticeship funding bands.
Sessions will explore the securing of funding for key sectors and industries to address skills shortages as part of the drive to increase employment in green jobs, including in the context of latest thinking on wider labour market trends.
Delegates will also consider strategies for improving recruitment of apprentices and supporting delivery within SMEs, as well as increasing participation by businesses of all scales, and simplifying the system.
We are pleased to be able to include keynote sessions with Martin Keeves, Head of Funding Community of Practice, Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education; and Anna Morrison, Director, Amazing Apprenticeships.
Sessions in the agenda include:
• policy: priorities and next steps for apprenticeship funding
• funding: catering to the needs of key sectors and industries - addressing regional needs and skills shortages - mitigating cost of living concerns - improving uptake among SMEs
• the apprenticeship levy: key priorities for moving forward
• engaging businesses: latest thinking on strategies for increasing participation in apprenticeships and skills development - priorities for reducing bureaucracy and simplifying the system
• apprenticeship funding bands: priorities for the future - implementing the exceptional funding band reviews.