Countdown to Reservations End Date
This one day course is designed to enhance participants understanding of school improvement from both theoretical and practical perspectives.
Delegates will start the day by examining the complexity of change, leadership in time of change and consider different ways to influence others when initiating change.
They will also explore the key issues which surround the successful implementation of a change: the reactions of the individuals and groups; the involvement of key stakeholders; the building of effective partnerships and practice a participative approach to project management.
Aims of this course:
• reflect on people's attitudes to change in order to identify ways of 'bringing them on board
• identify key stakeholders, their interest, influence and power in taking forward a change in order to work on strategies to engage them fully in the change
• consider the importance of partnerships and define ways of improving partnership working
• explore the advantages of collaborative project planning and practise this approach in a supportive group.
Objectives of this course:
• consider the natural reactions to change
• consider the importance of key stakeholders and their involvement in the change
• define the principles of partnership working and consider ways of growing these partnerships
• consider the importance of trust within partnerships and ways of further building trust
• explore the principles of project management
• experience a participative approach to action planning.