Countdown to Reservations End Date
This one day course will enable delegates to take a step back from the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and consider the knowledge and skills children actually need. Delegates will look at the power of play and how play is essential for embedding learning and deepening understanding. By the end of the session, delegates will have worked together to identify what greater depth learning looks like in early years and will have a set of ideas to enable them to support greater depth within their setting.
Aims of this course:
• consider the components of a successful early years curriculum
• identify and support greater depth learning
• start to build a unit using the principles of 'teach, practice, apply' and enable children to deepen their understanding
• consider how to develop children's working memory and to build this into a unit
• ensure any curricular approach is holistic and takes account of the whole child.
Objectives of this course
• know what should be included in an early years curriculum
• know how to plan and implement a greater depth approach
• know the importance of play and how to promote purposeful play.