Countdown to Reservations End Date
This one day course will build a deep but practical knowledge and understanding of what research and evidence shows and makes a difference for disadvantaged learners. Delegates will be provided with NAHT Aspire Closing the Gap Review resources and learn how these can be used to review current provision, identify strengths and areas for development, and plan the implementation of new research-based strategies.
The core NAHT Closing the Gap Review resource - the Closing the Gap Rubric is an evaluation framework that analyses all aspects of school provision from leadership, culture and ethos through to pedagogy, curriculum and learner and family involvement, and how these can affect the success of disadvantaged learners. It supports the distribution of responsibility for the success of disadvantaged learners across all leaders, teachers and support staff in schools.
This course will provide school leaders with a research-driven process and set of resources for reviewing provision for disadvantaged learners, and to introduce them to some key strategies for improving that provision.
Objectives of this course:
• to reflect on the national and school needs of disadvantaged learners
• to identify common barriers and challenges in schools
• to explore the NAHT Aspire Closing the Gap resources: Rubric and Handbook, in order to begin to plan for school review of provision for disadvantaged learners
• to introduce learning conversations to explore and influence teachers' planning, practice and impact on disadvantaged learners
• to reflect on resolving the barriers and challenges identified - how can the NAHT Aspire Closing the Gap resources and learning conversations be used to address those barriers and challenges.