Countdown to Reservations End Date
This two day online training will be an opportunity for both new and more experienced governors, who are committed to improving education standards, to learn methods for increasing their effectiveness in the role, whilst fulfilling their statutory obligations. Exploring fundamental aspects of being a governor according to Department for Education guidance and requirements, participants will learn how to ultimately enhance opportunities and outcomes for pupils through improving collaboration as a governing body and with the senior leadership team, better understanding the different governance requirements in a single school and trust setting, and exploring strategies for ensuring accountability as well as providing strategic leadership.
“Governance has never been more critical to the education of our nation’s young people,” according to Baroness Elizabeth Berridge, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Schools. Use this opportunity to join together with colleagues and an expert trainer to further your dedication to making a difference to the lives of children in your education setting.
Learning objectives will include:
• Learn how to strengthen your practice in all seven areas of the DfE Governance handbook
• Work with the trainer and your peers to create targeted strategies that hone in on and work to improve specific areas of your education offering
• Learn the makeup and key responsibilities of a governor role in a school, academy or MAT setting and learn how to enhance accountability within these structures
• Discover self-evaluation strategies to examine your competencies as an individual governor as well as the wider board, and subsequently develop your knowledge, skills and behaviour
• Find out how to offer more value in different aspects of the governor role to ultimately improve educational standards and opportunities for children and young people.
• David Walker, Governance Professional and Trustee.
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!