Countdown to Reservations End Date
This online training day will provide the opportunity to better understand how to enhance good leadership in schools, in line with the latest Headteacher Standards 2020, released in October 2020, and revised National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) for leaders.
Participants will have a unique opportunity to explore the Headteacher Standards with the chair of the Head Teacher Standards Review Team at the Department for Education (DfE), as well as senior leaders and researchers driving forward effective leadership standards, education standards and improved attainment for pupils across schools.
The event will allow attendees to better understand how to effectively utilise and implement the new standards, through workshops and practical insights sessions led by experienced experts, as well as explore best practice for leadership in light of COVID-19 and related catch-up activities.
Learning objectives will include:
• Learn what the new 2020 Headteacher Standards mean for your school and understand the key changes you need to implement from the 2015 standards
• Create an action plan to embed the 2020 Headteacher Standards and learn how it will enhance your leadership practices and development
• Learn about the latest changes to the National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) and how aspiring and current Heads can improve standards through the NPQs
• Improve approaches to the recruitment and performance management of headteachers.
Key speakers will include:
• Malcolm Trobe, Chair of the Department for Education Headteacher Standards Review Team and Member of NPQ Review Group, Independent Education Specialist and Consultant
• Helen Frostick, Former Headteacher, National Leader of Education (NLE) and Educational Consultant
• Professor Qing Gu, Director, London Centre for Leadership in Learning, University College London (UCL).
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!