Countdown to Reservations End Date
In an ever-changing Higher Education context, taking time to research, discuss and develop student engagement is more crucial than ever to ensure student success. Ensuring students have an engaging experience in higher education is critically measured through government-led metrics, as well as the promoting of business models which prioritise both expansion and retention. By working with, listening to, and researching students’ engagements in our institutions, universities and colleges are making strategic interventions and spending millions on ensuring student success.
There has already been great momentum in student voice, student-staff partnership, extra-curricular activities and data analytics, all of which promise great potential for developing student outcomes including satisfaction, retention, and employability and marks a positive change. However there is still a great need to reflect on challenges, argue against simplifying ‘the student experience’, and ensure the higher education we are developing is accessible to our diverse student bodies
This two day online training will provide vital resources and tools for Higher Education professionals who are interested in exploring and implementing student engagement initiatives to come together and establish best-practice approaches. By critically reflecting on student engagement practice or initiatives, delegates will strengthen their practice by recognising issues, consciously seeking to create solutions and overcoming potential barriers and tensions.
Learning outcomes include:
• To provide delegates with a definition of student engagement in contemporary higher education at their home institutions
• Receive an overview of current debates and practice in student engagement, voice and partnership in higher education
• Develop a project plan to develop student engagement at delegates’ home institutions
• Receive focused recommendations for overcoming challenge and barriers to student engagement in higher education
• Gain access to scholarship, networks and further resources to enable student engagement practice to succeed.
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!