Countdown to Reservations End Date
Sharing stories and music is arguably the primary method of passing culture on to children and including stories in early years music making enriches the activity immeasurably.
Delivered by Steve Grocott, this two session practical workshop is about how to bring the story out in songs and how to put music into stories. The material in this course was developed with Pie Corbett for his Talk for Writing project connecting it with activities for babies and toddlers.
• Learn new highly tellable and memorable stories and story songs
• Learn how this material promotes communication and language development as well as addressing each part of the EYFS statutory framework (2021)
• Learn ways to encourage children’s own stories and story play, acting out stories and how music can help
• Gain a mental toolbox of basic story elements and structures and see how this helps with an improvisatory approach to storytelling and making.
As well as a comprehensive handout, audio recordings of the material in the course will be available to stream free online.
Sessions are as follows:
• Session 1 - 18th May - 4pm-5.30pm
• Session 2 - 25th May - 4pm-5.30pm.
The webinar will be recorded and made available for a limited period for registered delegates to review.