Countdown to Reservations End Date
According to the 2022 Independent Schools Council Census, there are currently 56,108 non-British pupils enrolled in UK independent schools, of which 55% have parents living in the UK, leaving 45% with parents living overseas. 93% of those with parents living abroad are boarders, and almost all are secondary school students rather than junior, meaning the importance of having good English proficiency is ever more important as they prepare for professional careers.
These pupils come from a wide range of countries and cultures, bringing a diverse range of learning needs and levels of English language proficiency, as well as opportunities to contribute to a more colourful independent school landscape. Explore how independent school leaders, teachers and support staff can enhance their experience at this interactive conference.
Learning objectives include:
• Explore how can effectively assess the levels of English language proficiency
• Strategise how to ensure pupils progress through personalised learning plans
• Methods to create a welcoming school community that encourages pupils with English as an Additional Language (EAL) or English as a Foreign Language (EFL) to flourish in a UK independent school and reach their full potential
• Discuss how to meet the expectations of the Independent Schools Inspectorate
• Gain expert insights from national EAL bodies – NALDIC and the Bell Foundation
• Work with leading teachers and heads of department on new ways of successfully engaging and supporting pupils with EAL in your independent school.
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!