Implementing a Whole School Approach to Positive Mental Health and Wellbeing
Countdown to Reservations End Date
The education sector is experiencing a mental health crisis, with staff and pupils alike in need of more support than ever before. But with overstretched and under-resourced CAMHS leading to lengthy waiting times, and workload concerns continuing to burden staff, it is crucial that schools and academy trusts put in place strategies that facilitate improved mental health and wellbeing.
Figures published by Young Minds show that 83% of young people with mental health needs feel the pandemic has made their mental health worse, while one in six children aged 5-16 were identified as having a probable mental health problem in 2021. But even without a diagnosis, we know that teachers and leaders are facing increased reports of anxiety and other individual concerns.
Meanwhile, in NASUWT’s most recent Teacher Wellbeing Survey, 90% of teachers reported having experienced more work-related stress in the last 12 months, with 91% and 64% feeling their job has negatively impacted their mental health and physical health respectively.
Join with peers at this interactive online training day to learn practical ways you can embed a school- or trust-wide approach to mental health, supporting the needs of all staff and pupils, and increasing confidence and the ability to support each other across the school community.
• The fundamental principles of a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing
• How to embed “the two Ps” framework that encompasses people and process in enhancing your approach to mental health
• Review your current approach, and identify key areas for improvement
• Practical strategies for tailored support for pupils and staff, including in relation to the curriculum and workload
• Access a framework for monitoring and evaluating your whole school approach to mental health, and how to demonstrate impact for Ofsted inspections
• Explore how to embed mental health and wellbeing into your School Improvement Plan.
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!