Countdown to Reservations End Date
This one day course will build leadership capacity to create exemplary learning and teaching. Delegates will be provided with the NAHT Aspire Quality Framework for Learning and Teaching (QFLT) and will explore how it can be used to develop excellence.
The approach replaces the difficulties of lesson observation, planning and work scrutiny with a more positive method that is welcomed by teachers and better informs leaders.
It can be used by phase/year and subject leaders as well as senior leaders with individual teachers, teams or whole school staff. Teachers report enthusiastically, taking accountability for their own improvement and seeking further impact from their teaching. Leaders say that it brings greater impact to their leadership and saves them time.
School leaders will be provided with a set of resources and accompanying professional development strategies to transform approaches to the development of learning and teaching in schools.
Objectives of this course
• to explore the content and possible applications at school, team and individual levels of the NAHT Aspire Quality Framework for Learning and Teaching (QFLT)
• to introduce learning conversations and lesson visits and plan for their combination as a strategy for the development of learning and teaching
• to explore the triangulation of planning, teaching and assessment with learning conversations
• to identify and address challenging issues in implementing this new approach to developing excellence in learning and teaching
• to prepare colleagues for training leaders in the NAHT Aspire Quality Framework for Learning and Teaching (QFLT) and associated professional development strategies.