Countdown to Reservations End Date
In 2018 Ofsted set out its plans to put the curriculum at the heart of its new inspection framework, that will look at a curriculum’s intent, implementation and impact, including for pupils with SEND.
In November 2018, following the Rochford Review recommendations on engagement scales for pupils with SEND, the DfE announced that a new approach to enable primary schools to better assess pupils with the most complex needs will be rolled out across the country from 2020.
This new statutory assessment will replace P scales 1 to 4 and will be based on the 7 aspects of engagement.
This is an assessment approach that focuses on pupil’s abilities in specific areas like awareness, curiosity and anticipation which will need to be reflected in curriculum.
For pupils in subject specific study, the final pre-key stage standards, rolled out in 2018/19 academic year, will enable better assessment at the end of KS1 and KS2 for pupils working below the standard of national curriculum.
This one day training course will provide delegates with the latest guidance on new assessment methods and how to improve the school's curriculum for more effective pupil engagement to clearly evidence and demonstrate the progress of SEND pupils.
Learning objectives include:
• Discover how to deliver more effective lessons and improve outcomes for pupils with SEND through better curriculum intent, implementation and impact
• Receive an update on the latest changes to assessment standards for SEND pupils
• Understand how you can incorporate the 7 aspects on engagement into your curriculum to best support and assess pupils with most complex needs
• Find out how you can best utilise an effective curriculum to demonstrate the impact of SEND provision and pupil outcomes
The event will be chaired by Natalie Packer, Education Consultant and Author, The Perfect SENCO and The Teacher’s Guide to SEN, and confirmed speakers include:
• Tracy Edwards, Associate Director of Teaching School, Swiss Cottage School.
Don't forget to quote 'IGEdCentral20' when booking to claim your exclusive 20% discount!