Next steps for improving England’s school system - new inspection framework, best practice, and role of MATs and free schools
Countdown to Reservations End Date
This one day conference will examine the next steps for England’s school system.
Areas for discussion include:
• School improvement and best practice
• Collaboration and multi academy trusts (MATs)
• The establishment of Teaching School Hubs
• The future place of free schools and their role in school improvement.
There will be keynote addresses from Dominic Herrington, National Schools Commissioner, Department for Education; Professor Daniel Muijs, Deputy Director, Research and Evaluation, Ofsted and and Sophie Harrison-Byrne, Director of Programmes, New Schools Network.
The agenda will include:
• Improving schools under the new Education Inspection Framework - key priorities for Ofsted
• Case studies in school improvement:
• Developing an academically rigorous approach
• The impact of a broad and balanced curriculum on improvement in educational standards
• Identifying and securing the support needed for ‘stuck schools’
• The journey from ‘requires improvement’ to ‘outstanding’
• Developing a collaborative approach to school improvement - encouraging trusts to work together, inter-trust support and the next steps for the Teaching School Hubs
• Expansion of the free schools programme, the place of free schools in the education system and their impact on school improvement
• Policy priorities for supporting improvements in England’s exam system.