Countdown to Reservations End Date
Set in the context of the first 100 days of headship, this event will provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to help balance the delivery of their vision for the school with the everyday challenges and demands of their new role.
Combining the latest thinking from policymakers, together with practical tips and experience from established headteachers, this conference will provide attendees with the tools needed to make a confident and successful transition to headship. Attendance at this event will also give delegates access to ongoing support during the autumn term.
Key topics include:
• developing vision, mission and culture
• relationships with governors, trust boards and your CEO
• building, managing and harnessing the talent of your team
• telling the story of your school
• personal resilience and making time for you
• financial responsibilities
• working with trade unions.
There will also be opportunities to make new connections with colleagues also starting out in their career as a headteacher, as well as information on mentoring opportunities.
• Rachael Warwick, ASCL President 2019-20
• Geoff Barton, ASCL General Secretary
• David Waugh, ASCL Vice President 2019-20
• The ASCL Specialist and Member Support Teams.