Further dates for strike action at UK universities have been announced ahead of a crunch meeting in the latest round of pay talks.
The University and College Union (UCU) has called 18 days of strikes across February and March as it ramps up disruption during the spring term.
Up to 70,000 members of UCU could take part, affecting 150 universities. The union claimed that it would be the “biggest series of strikes ever to hit UK university campuses”. The full dates are:
- Wednesday 1 February
- Thursday 9 and Friday 10 February
- Tuesday 14, Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 February
- Tuesday 21, Wednesday 22 and Thursday 23 February
- Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 February and Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 March
- Thursday 16 and Friday 17 March
- Monday 20, Tuesday 21 and Wednesday 22 March